Jackie Robinson

/
1 Comments
When I was a kid one of my favorite people to study was Jackie Robinson. Although he played for the Dodgers, he had so much in him that I respect and admire. He was a man of conviction, bravery, and endurance. Yet, in the midst of his trials, he was not applauded-he was treated with the hate and disgust of hundreds. He never gave up though-an although he may have seen some measure of what his monumental sacrifice did, he probably couldn't have guessed he would someday be lauded as a hero and have a movie made about him. Trials are like that I think-we put our head down and push through them, without daring to look up because we can't think about anything more then the step in front of us without getting overwhelmed. But he took all those steps and made it through, and our nation can be forever grateful for that.

I realize this is a super random post, but I just saw a commercial for the new movie and I am excited about it and the lessons it will try to emphasize; lessons that were taught long before Jackie came along. Lessons about turning the other cheek and [as Harrison Ford puts it in the movie] 'a player who has the guts NOT the fight back.' Because lets be honest-this can be one of the most difficult things of all. To hold our peace and be the bigger person by not just reacting, but walking away with our head held high. Anyways, I'm excited to see this movie! I'm posting one of the trailers below, but its kinda small so you can just go directly to youtube if you want to see it bigger. Hopefully others are as excited about it as I am!




Powered by Blogger.